Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Presbyterian of the West. (Springfield, Ohio) 1841-1858
Springfield, Ohio (1841-1858)
Presbyterian of the West. : (Springfield, Ohio) 1841-1858
- Place of publication:
- Springfield, Ohio
- Geographic coverage:
- J.A. Dunlap and W.D. Smith
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Sept. 22, 1841)-v. 4, no. 26 (Sept. 11, 1845); v. 1, no. 1 (Sept. 25, 1845)-v. 18, no. 15 (Dec. 30, 1858).
- Cincinnati (Ohio)--Newspapers.
- Clark County (Ohio)--Newspapers.
- Hamilton County (Ohio)--Newspapers.
- Presbyterian Church--Ohio--Newspapers.
- Presbyterians--United States--Newspapers.
- Springfield (Ohio)--Newspapers.
- "A religious paper ... designed to supply the wants of the Presbyterian Church in the West."
- With v. 4, no. 26 (Sept. 11, 1845), the Presbyterian of the West moved to Cincinnati, Ohio; Dunlap and Smith were still editors and publishers. The following issue, Sept. 25, was numbered v. 1, no. 1 due to a new publisher (H.C. & J.B. M'Grew); Dunlap and Smith remained as editors for a short time afterwards. In 1854, numbering reverted to dating from 1841.
- sn 83035402
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information