Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Democrat and herald. (Wilmington, Ohio) 1832-1841
Wilmington, Ohio (1832-1841)
Democrat and herald. : (Wilmington, Ohio) 1832-1841
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Wilmington, Ohio
- Geographic coverage:
- Pike and Camron
- Dates of publication:
Began in July 1832; ceased Jan. 8, 1841.
- Wilmington (Ohio)--Newspapers.
- "Democratic." Cf. Gutgesell, S. Guide to Ohio newspapers, 1974.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 41 (Apr. 19, 1833).
- Publishers: Pike and Camron, <Apr., 1833>; Pike & M'Kibbin, <May 10, 1833>; William A. Camron, May 17, 1833-June 7, 1833; J. & T. M'Kibbin, <Jan., 1835>.
- W. Gregory, Amer. newspapers, 1937, lists the Democrat and railroad advocate (also of Wilmington) as a variant title for the Democrat and herald. Pike was a printing partner for both papers and numbering is very similar. The Advocate did not last beyond two issues if it is a variant title.
- sn 83035435
View complete holdings information