Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Wilmington independent. (Wilmington, Ohio) 1855-1855
Wilmington, Ohio (1855-1855)
The Wilmington independent. : (Wilmington, Ohio) 1855-1855
- Place of publication:
- Wilmington, Ohio
- Geographic coverage:
- Printed by J.B. Dunn for the Wilmington Independent Co.
- Dates of publication:
Independent series, v. 1, no. 1 (Feb. 9, 1855)-v. 1, no. 27 (Nov. 16, 1855).
- "Devoting a great portion of our paper to sound literature ... The advocacy of a thorough anti-slavery and temperance reform."
- "Free Soil." Cf. Hist. of Clinton Co., Ohio, 1882.
- Editor: J. Wesley Chaffin.
- The Nov. 16, 1855 issue announces suspension of the paper until Jan., 1856, while the paper is enlarged. It appears to have never resumed.
- With the May 4, 1855 issue, Chaffin is both editor and proprietor so numbering begins over as v. 1, no. 1 = whole no. 13 (the old numbering continued.)
- sn 83035444
- Preceding Titles:
View complete holdings information