Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Scioto gazette. (Chillicothe, Ohio) 1827-1834
Chillicothe, Ohio (1827-1834)
The Scioto gazette. : (Chillicothe, Ohio) 1827-1834
- Place of publication:
- Chillicothe, Ohio
- Geographic coverage:
- J. Bailhache
- Dates of publication:
Ceased with Apr. 16, 1834 issue.
Feb. 15, 1827-
- Chillicothe (Ross County, Ohio)--Newspapers.
- "A family newspaper devoted to politics, literature, news, morality, agriculture and intelligence."
- "The Gazette will be a decided supporter of the National Republican party," Apr. 24, 1833.
- Available on microfilm from Microfilm Corp., Cleveland, Ohio.
- New ser., v. 1, no. 1 was preceded by an issue dated Feb. 15, 1827.
- New ser., v. 6, no. 46 (Jan. 2, 1833) misdated 1832.
- Publishers: Robert Kercheval, 1829-<1832>; John M. Pumroy, <1834>.
- Vols. for Mar. 1, 1827-<Aug 21, 1833> also called whole no. 1375-<1712>.
- sn 83035629
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information