Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Chicago herald and examiner. (Chicago, Ill.) 1918-1939
Chicago, Ill. (1918-1939)
Chicago herald and examiner. : (Chicago, Ill.) 1918-1939
- Alternative Titles:
Herald and examiner
Sunday Chicago herald and examiner
Sept. 11, 1938-1939
- Place of publication:
- Chicago, Ill.
- Geographic coverage:
- Illinois Pub. and Print. Co.
- Dates of publication:
37th year, no. 307 (May 2, 1918)-59th year, no. 20 (Aug. 27, 1939).
- Chicago (Ill.)--Newspapers.
- 43rd year, no. 231 (Feb. 4, 1924) issue called also: "Extra."
- Available on microfilm;
- Continues the numbering of Chicago herald (Chicago, Ill. : 1914).
- Formed by the union of: Chicago examiner and: Chicago herald (Chicago, Ill. : 1914).
- Merged with: Chicago evening American (Chicago, Ill. : 1914), to form: Chicago herald American.
- Sunday issues have their own numbering.
- sn 83045401
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information