Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The tri-state defender. (Memphis, Tenn.) 1951-1961
Memphis, Tenn. (1951-1961)
The tri-state defender. : (Memphis, Tenn.) 1951-1961
- Place of publication:
- Memphis, Tenn.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- L.O. Swingler
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Nov. 3, 1951)-v. 11, no. 14 (Feb. 4-10, 1961).
- African American newspapers--Tennessee--Memphis.
- African Americans--Arkansas--Newspapers.
- African Americans--Mississippi--Newspapers.
- African Americans--Tennessee--Newspapers.
- Memphis (Tenn.)--Newspapers.
- Shelby County (Tenn.)--Newspapers.
- "The South's independent weekly."
- Also issued on microfilm from Tennessee State Library and Archives.
- The three states are: "Arkansas - Mississippi - Tennessee." Cf. Masthead.
- sn 83045432
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information