Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Evening star. (Washington, D.C.) 1854-1972
Washington, D.C. (1854-1972)
Evening star. : (Washington, D.C.) 1854-1972
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Washington, D.C.
- Geographic coverage:
District of Columbia
| View more titles from this:
- W.D. Wallach & Hope
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 4, no. 553 (Oct. 9, 1854)-120th year, no. 194 (July 12, 1972).
Mar. 26, 1905-July 12, 1972
- Washington (D.C.)--fast--(OCoLC)fst01204505
- Washington (D.C.)--Newspapers.
- "From April 25 through May 24, 1861 one sheet issues were published intermittently owing to scarcity of paper." Cf. Library of Congress, Photoduplication Service.
- Also issued on microfilm from Microfilming Corp. of America and the Library of Congress, Photoduplication Service.
- Archived issues are available in digital format as part of the Library of Congress Chronicling America online collection.
- Publisher varies: Noyes, Baker & Co., <1867>; Evening Star Newspaper Co., <1868->
- Suspended Jan. 1-6, 1971 because of a machinists' strike.
- sn 83045462
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
- Related Links:
View complete holdings information