Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1925 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Durham sun. (Durham, N.C.) 1913-1990
Durham, N.C. (1913-1990)
The Durham sun. : (Durham, N.C.) 1913-1990
- Alternative Titles:
<July 15, 1917>
- Place of publication:
- Durham, N.C.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Durham Sun Pub. Co.
- Dates of publication:
-v. 101, no. 245 (Dec. 31, 1990).
Began in 1913?
- Daily (except Sunday)
Aug. 5, 1929-Dec. 31, 1990
- Durham (N.C.)--Newspapers.
- North Carolina--Durham.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01207378
- Description based on: 27th year (Dec. 18, 1914).
- Merged with: Durham morning herald, to become: Herald-sun.
- The Durham sun was acquired by the Durham morning herald on Aug. 1, 1929, which continued to publish both titles (except for the Sunday ed.), as separate papers. Sunday issues dated after the merger cataloged as part of the Durham morning herald.
- sn 84020732
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information