Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Alabama beacon. (Greensboro, Ala.) 1840-1912
Greensboro, Ala. (1840-1912)
Alabama beacon. : (Greensboro, Ala.) 1840-1912
- Alternative Titles:
<Dec. 21, 1860-Mar. 29, 1861>
- Place of publication:
- Greensboro, Ala.
- Geographic coverage:
- Charles Briggs
- Dates of publication:
Began in 1840? Ceased in 1912?
- Alabama--Hale County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01211962
- Greensboro (Ala.)--Newspapers.
- Hale County (Ala.)--Newspapers.
- Also called New ser., v. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 23, 1857)-<1889>.
- Also issued on microfilm from the University of Alabama.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 40 (Feb. 20, 1841).
- Latest issue consulted: N.s., vol. 20, no. 3 (Jan. 15, 1876).
- No volume or issue numbers after <1889>.
- Printer: Wm. G. Miller, <1863>.
- Publisher varies: John G. Harvey <1855-1864->
- Sometimes published as: Beacon, <Dec. 21, 1860-Mar. 29, 1861>.
- sn 84021901
- Preceding Titles:
View complete holdings information