Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The asmonean. (New York) 1849-1858
New York (1849-1858)
The asmonean. : (New York) 1849-1858
- Place of publication:
- New York
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Robert Lyon
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Oct. 26th, 1849)-v. 18, no. 8 (June 4, 1858).
- Jewish newspapers--New York (State)
- Jewish newspapers.--fast--(OCoLC)fst00982872
- New York (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- New York (State)--fast--(OCoLC)fst01210280
- New York (State)--New York County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01234953
- New York (State)--New York.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01204333
- New York County (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- "A journal, devoted to the interests of the American Israelites", Dec. 6, 1850.
- "Knowledge is power."
- "Two are better than One, and a Threefold Cord is not quickly broken."
- Chiefly in English with some Hebrew; v. 4, no. 10, published June 27, 1851 includes a German supplement; From Feb. 1856- each issue includes a German section called: Der Asmonean.
- Democratic. Supported Buchanan for President.
- Issues for May 16, 1850-July 25, 1851 called also whole no. 30-whole no. 92.
- Previously classed as a periodical in LC.
- Publisher: Dinah Lyon, -1858.
- sn 84021919
View complete holdings information