Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The national Democrat. (Jeffersonville, Ind.) 1854-1919
Jeffersonville, Ind. (1854-1919)
The national Democrat. : (Jeffersonville, Ind.) 1854-1919
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Jeffersonville, Ind.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Reuben Dailey
- Dates of publication:
Began with Nov. 11, 1854 issue; ceased in Sept. 1919.
- Description based on: Vol. 4, no. 50 (Oct. 20, 1858).
- Editors: A.J. Howard, <1856>; Reuben Dailey, <1876>.
- For a brief period in late 1858 and early 1859 the paper called itself "The Weekly national Democrat."
- Published also in a daily edition called: 1872-1873, Jeffersonville evening news; 1873-1878 or 9, Evening news (1873); 1878 or 9-1891, Daily Evening news; 1891-1897, Jeffersonville news; 1897-1919, Evening news (1897).
- Publishers: Lee & Henry, 1854-<1855>; William Lee, <1855>-1856; Wilse & Nixon; Henry B. Woods; Reuben Dailey, 1872-<1876>.
- sn 84023966
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information