Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Knightstown banner. (Knightstown, Ind.) 1869-1957
Knightstown, Ind. (1869-1957)
The Knightstown banner. : (Knightstown, Ind.) 1869-1957
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Knightstown, Ind.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- [John A. Deem]
- Dates of publication:
-v. 90, no. 10 (Mar. 7, 1957).
Began between Jan. and June of 1869.
- Beginning in the fall of 1880, for four months the Knightstown banner joined with the Knightstown shield to form the Knightstown banner-shield. After this time each resumed separate publication. The Knightstown shield was later absorbed by the Knightstown banner.
- Description based on: Vol. 3, no. 25 (June 18, 1869).
- Editor: John A. Deem, <1869-1876>.
- Portion of June 18, 1869 issue containing publisher's name is missing.
- Publisher's name from Geo. P. Rowell & Co., American Newspaper Directory.
- sn 84023974
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information