Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Republican banner. (Nashville, Tenn.) 1854-1875
Nashville, Tenn. (1854-1875)
Republican banner. : (Nashville, Tenn.) 1854-1875
- Alternative Titles:
Daily republican banner
Republican banner and Nashville Whig
Republican banner and Whig
- Place of publication:
- Nashville, Tenn.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- W.F. Bang & Co.
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 60, no. 178 (July 26, 1854)-v. 62, no. 208 (Aug. 31, 1875).
- Daily (except Monday)
- Davidson County (Tenn.)--Newspapers.
- Nashville (Tenn.)--Newspapers.
- Available on microfilm from Tennessee State Library and Archives.
- Editors: Allen A. Hall, 1854-1857; Allen A. Hall & H.K. Walker, 1857; H.K. Walker, 1857; H.K. Walker & J.E. Rains, 1858; H.K. Walker & Thos W. Beaumont, 1858-1860; H.K. Walker, 1860-1861; H.K. Walker & George Baber, 1861; George Baber, 1861-1862.
- Merged with: Nashville union and American (Nashville, Tenn. : 1868 : Daily), to form: American (Nashville, Tenn.).
- Publishers: W.F. Bang & Co., 1854-1857; Bang, Walker & Co., 1857-1861; Bang, Baber & Co., 1861-1862; Albert Roberts & Co., 1865-1866; Roberts, Watterson & Purvis, 1866-1868; Roberts & Purvis 1868-1875.
- Suspended with Apr. 18, 1862 issue; resumed with Sept. 27, 1865 issue.
- Triweekly ed.: Republican banner and Nashville Whig.
- Weekly ed.: Republican banner (Nashville, Tenn. : Weekly).
- sn 84024195
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
- Related Links:
View complete holdings information