Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Republican banner. (Nashville, Tenn.) 1837-1875
Nashville, Tenn. (1837-1875)
Republican banner. : (Nashville, Tenn.) 1837-1875
- Alternative Titles:
Nashville weekly republican banner
Republican banner and Whig
- Place of publication:
- Nashville, Tenn.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- S. Nye & A.A. Hall
- Dates of publication:
Began Aug. 22, 1837; ceased Sept. 2, 1875. Cf. Tenn. newspapers.
- Weekly (frequency varies during sessions of the legislature)
- Davidson County (Tenn.)--Newspapers.
- Nashville (Tenn.)--Newspapers.
- Daily eds.: Daily republican banner; Daily republican banner and Nashville Whig; Republican banner (Nashville, Tenn. : 1854 : Daily).
- Description based on: Vol. 13, no. 36 (Sept. 29, 1838).
- Editors: Washington Barrow, <1845-1846>; William Wales, <1850>.
- Formed by the union of: Nashville republican (Nashville, Tenn. : 1833 : Weekly), and: National banner (Nashville, Tenn. : 1829 : Weekly).
- Merged with: Nashville union and American (Nashville, Tenn. : Weekly), to form: Weekly American (Nashville, Tenn.).
- Publishers: S. Nye & A.A. Hall, <1838-1840>; W.F. Bang & Co., <1845-1851>; Bang, Baber & Co., <1861>.
- Triweekly eds.: Republican banner (Nashville, Tenn. : 1842 : Triweekly); Republican banner and Nashville Whig.
- sn 84024453
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information