Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Richmond daily Whig. (Richmond, Va.) 1869-1885
Richmond, Va. (1869-1885)
Richmond daily Whig. : (Richmond, Va.) 1869-1885
- Alternative Titles:
Richmond Virginia daily Whig
- Place of publication:
- Richmond, Va.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Moseley & Shields
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 81, no. 65 (Mar. 17, 1869)-v. 62, no. 303 (Dec. 22, 1885).
- Richmond (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Also issued on microfilm from the State Historical Society of Wisconsin and the New York Public Library.
- Aug. 7, 1875 issue numbered: 52nd yr., no. 187; May 7, 1877 and Sept. 6, 1877 issues numbered respectively: 54th year, no. 109 and no. 193.
- Published as: Daily Whig, Oct. 11, 1876-Jan. 26, 1877.
- Published Tuesday-Sunday, July-Sept. 1874.
- Publisher varies: J.C. Shields, Jan. 2, 1871-<Dec. 1875>; Wyatt M. Elliott & Co., <Dec. 1875>-<1882> ; Richmond Whig Pub. Co., <1883>-
- Semiweekly ed.: Richmond Whig and adertiser.
- The words "Richmond" and "daily" appear over logo, Oct. 11-Dec. 30, 1869.
- sn 84024668
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information