Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Southern opinion. (Richmond, Va.) 1867-1869
Richmond, Va. (1867-1869)
The Southern opinion. : (Richmond, Va.) 1867-1869
- Place of publication:
- Richmond, Va.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- H. Rives Pollard
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (June 15, 1867)-v. 2, no. 18 (May 1, 1869).
- Richmond (Va.)--Newspapers.
- "My country may she always be right, but right or wrong my country."
- Also available on microfilm from the University of Arkansas; University of North Carolina; Duke University; Historical Society of Wisconsin.
- Democratic. Cf. Cappon, L.J. Va. newspapers.
- Editors: H. Rives Pollard, June 15, 1867-<Aug. 8, 1869>; J. Marshall Hanna, <Mar. 27, 1869-Apr. 10, 1869>
- Not published Nov. 28, Dec. 12-26, 1868. Cf. Cappon, L.J. Va. newspapers.
- Publisher varies: W.D. Chesterman & Co. <Feb. 27, 1869>-Mar. 6, 1869; D.S. Hardwicke & Co., Mar. 13, 1869-Mar. 27, 1869; Elam, Hanna & Hardwicke, Apr. 31, 1869; D.S. Hardwicke & Co., 1869-
- sn 84024683
View complete holdings information