Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Virginia advocate. (Charlottesville, Va.) 1827-1860
Charlottesville, Va. (1827-1860)
Virginia advocate. : (Charlottesville, Va.) 1827-1860
- Place of publication:
- Charlottesville, Va.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Gilmer, Davis & Co.
- Dates of publication:
Began with July 28, 1827? Ceased in 1860?
- Charlottesville (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Also issued on microfilm from the University of Virginia.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 5 (Aug. 25, 1827).
- Editors: T.W. Gilmer, 1827-1828; Nicholas P. Trist, 1828; Carr & Clark, 1828; F. Carr & Co., <1828-1829>; Carr & Elliot, 1829-1830, Thomas Wood, <1840>; William T. Early, 1845; V.E. Shepard, <1849> ; J.L. Cochran, <1858>.
- Publisher varies: Davis, Trist & Co., <1828>; F. Carr & Co., <1829>; F. Carr & T.G. Elliot, -July 23, 1830; Mosley & Tompkins, <1835>; Noel & Saunders, 1845; E.W. Reinhart, Aug. 6, 1830- ; Watson & Tomkiss, <1833> ; R.C. Noel, <1840> ; O.S. Allen & Co., <1849-1858>.
- sn 84024689
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information