Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About American commercial beacon and Norfolk & Portsmouth daily advertiser. (Norfolk [Va.]) 1818-1827
Norfolk [Va.] (1818-1827)
American commercial beacon and Norfolk & Portsmouth daily advertiser. : (Norfolk [Va.]) 1818-1827
- Alternative Titles:
American beacon and Norfolk and Portsmouth daily advertiser
American commercial beacon and Norfolk and Portsmouth daily advertiser
- Place of publication:
- Norfolk [Va.]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Shields, Charlton & Co.
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 7, no. 9 (Aug. 17, 1818)-v. 24, no. 156 (June 30, 1827).
- Daily (except Sunday)
- Norfolk (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Portsmouth (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Also issued on microform from the Readex Microprint Corp. and on microfilm from Bell & Howell, Micro Photo Div.
- Also published triweekly editions: American beacon, 1816-18uu; American beacon for the country, 18uu-1823; American beacon and Virginia and North-Carolina gazette, 1823-1827.
- Temporarily published three times a week from Sept. 11-29, 1821 and Sept. 28-Nov. 18, 1826.
- The word "commercial" appears in masthead device, 1818-1819; over masthead device, 1820-<1828>.
- sn 84024724
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information