Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Virginia gazette. (Williamsburg, Va.) 1775-1780
Williamsburg, Va. (1775-1780)
The Virginia gazette. : (Williamsburg, Va.) 1775-1780
- Place of publication:
- Williamsburg, Va.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Alexander Purdie
- Dates of publication:
Ceased in 1780.
No. 1 (Feb. 3, 1775)-
- Williamsburg (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Available also online.
- Available on microfilm from the Institute of Early Amer. Hist. and Culture, and from Recordak (The Library of Virginia).
- Brigham, C.S. Amer. newspapers
- Latest issue consulted: No. 283 (Dec. 9, 1780).
- Not to be confused with the Virginia gazette published in 1775 by John Dixon and William Hunter (the same Virginia gazette published by Alexander Purdie and John Dixon, 1765-1774). On Feb. 3, 1775, Purdie established a Virginia gazette of his own.
- Photostat publisher: Mass. Historical Soc.
- Publishers: John Clarkson & Augustine Davis, <May 15, 1779-Dec. 9, 1780>.
- sn 84024742
- Preceding Titles:
- Related Links:
View complete holdings information