Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The genius of liberty. (Uniontown, Pa.) 1839-1917
Uniontown, Pa. (1839-1917)
The genius of liberty. : (Uniontown, Pa.) 1839-1917
- Place of publication:
- Uniontown, Pa.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- A.L. Littell
- Dates of publication:
Began in Oct. 1839.
Ceased in 1917.
- Pennsylvania--Uniontown (Fayette County)--fast--(OCoLC)fst01312497
- Uniontown (Fayette County, Pa.)--Newspapers.
- "Democratic," <1876>.
- Absorbed: Brownsville times (Brownsville, Pa.). Cf. Weekly patriot and union, Mar. 5, 1863.
- Campaign ed.: Democratic daily.
- Daily eds.: Evening genius; Morning herald (Uniontown, Pa.).
- Description based on: New. ser., v. 9, no. 29 (Oct. 15, 1839).
- Editors: George W. Litman, <1876>; William A. McDowell, <1876>; A. Marshall, <1876>.
- Publishers: John W. Irons, <1840-1846>; John W. Shugert, <1847>; John W. Irons & John W. Skiles, <1850>; Armstrong Hadden & T.B. Searight, <1852>; Thomas B. Searight & George W.K. Minor, <1852>; George W. Litman & William A. McDowell, <1872-1875>; Litman, McDowell & Co., <1876-1882>; Cooke, Wycoff & Marshall, <1883>; Cooke, Hazen & Marshall, <1887>; Cooke, Marshall & Co., <1889>; Cooke, Marshall & Gorley, <1892>; Genius of Liberty Pub. Co., <1896>; Cottom, Marshall & Deyarmon, <1899>; Fayette Pub. Co., <1900>.
- sn 84026513
- Preceding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information