Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About New national era. (Washington, D.C.) 1870-1874
Washington, D.C. (1870-1874)
New national era. : (Washington, D.C.) 1870-1874
- Alternative Titles:
New national era and citizen
May 22, 1873-Feb. 26, 1874
- Place of publication:
- Washington, D.C.
- Geographic coverage:
District of Columbia
| View more titles from this:
- Frederick Douglass
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 35 (Sept. 8, 1870)-v. 5, no. 40 (Oct. 22, 1874).
- African Americans--Newspapers.
- African Americans--Washington (D.C.)--Newspapers.
- Washington (D.C.)--Newspapers.
- Absorbed: New citizen (Washington, D.C.).
- Also issued on microfilm from the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service.
- Editors: Frederick Douglass, 1870-1872; Lewis H. Douglass, Richard T. Greener, John A. Cook, 1873; Lewis H. Douglass, 1873-1874.
- Publishers: Frederick Douglass, 1870-1871; Douglass Bros., 1871-1873; New National Era and Citizen Co., 1873-1874; Douglass Bros., 1874.
- Suspended Mar. 5-12, 1874.
- sn 84026753
- Preceding Titles:
View complete holdings information