Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Anamosa journal. (Anamosa, Iowa) 1872-1979
Anamosa, Iowa (1872-1979)
The Anamosa journal. : (Anamosa, Iowa) 1872-1979
- Place of publication:
- Anamosa, Iowa
- Geographic coverage:
- A.L. Smith
- Dates of publication:
-v. 111, no. 48 (Dec. 1, 1979).
Began in Dec. 1872.
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 44 (Jan. 8, 1873).
- Each issue includes sections called: Wyoming journal, and Oxford mirror, Aug. 7, 1952-
- Originally edited by: A.L. Smith.
- Publishers: Charles Monger, 1875-1903; E.R. Moore, 1904-1914; Charles J. Cash, 1915- ; Thomas Powell, Jr. and Dick and Charles Westerfield, 1939- ; Thomas Powell and Tom Powell III, -1968; Anamosa Newspapers, Inc., 1968- Cf. Anamosa journal-eureka, July 22, 1981.
- Special centennial edition published as Vol. 67, no. 36 (Aug. 18, 1938).
- sn 84027025
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information