Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The American constellation. (Union, N.Y.) 1800-1803
Union, N.Y. (1800-1803)
The American constellation. : (Union, N.Y.) 1800-1803
- Place of publication:
- Union, N.Y.
- Geographic coverage:
- D. Cruger
- Dates of publication:
Began with Nov. 15, 1800 issue; ceased in Aug. 1803.
- Owego (N.Y.)--Newspapers.
- Union (N.Y. : Town)--Newspapers.
- "Free, but not licentious."
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 2 (Nov. 22, 1800).
- Imprint varies: "although dated at Union, it was actually printed at Chenango Village, and there is evidence to show that the issue of Oct. 3, 1801, was really printed at Chenango Point, the early name of Binghamton; it was dated "Union" for that was the only post office in the area; 1801-1803 the paper was moved to Owego, N.Y.
- Published every Saturday.
- sn 84031432
View complete holdings information