Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Montana posten. volume (Helena, Mont.) 1890-1893
Helena, Mont. (1890-1893)
Montana posten. volume : (Helena, Mont.) 1890-1893
- Place of publication:
- Helena, Mont.
- Geographic coverage:
Lewis and Clark,
| View more titles from this:
- J. Wessel
- Dates of publication:
1ste aarg., no. 1, (11te, Oct. 1890)-
Ceased in 1893.
- "A Norwegian weekly paper published ... in the interest of the Democratic Party ... The first Norwegian language paper in the state." Cf. Letter from Hans C. Boe to David Hilger, Aug. 2, 1928. Library correspondence. Montana Historical Society Archives.
- "Det eneste Skandinaviske Demokratiske blad i Staten Montana" (the only Scandinavian Democratic newspaper in the State of Montana).
- "The only paper in Montana published in both the Norwegian and Swedish languages." Cf. No. 6, 3die aarg. (Feb. 23, 1893).
- Editor: J. Wessel, Oct. 11-18, 1890.
- In Danish-Norwegian.
- Last issue located: 3die Aarg., no. 32 (Aug. 13, 1893).
- Publisher varies.
- sn 84036128
View complete holdings information