Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About St. Thomas times. volume (Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas [V.I.]) 1873-1882
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas [V.I.] (1873-1882)
St. Thomas times. volume : (Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas [V.I.]) 1873-1882
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas [V.I.]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- W. Murta
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 27, no. 79 (Oct. 1, 1873)- v. 36, no. 36 (May 6, 1882).
- "The government having at once granted me a licence, as printer, I have procurred a small printing machine and am thus able to continue the issue of the St. Thomas times and the St. Thomas Lloyds for my own account ... The newspaper ... in order to be free of taint, will ... in the future be titled the St. Thomas herald." Cf. William Murta, "An explanatory note ..." St. Thomas Herald, v. 32, no. 19 (Mar. 8, 1882): p. 1.
- "The title 'St. Thomas tidende' which this journal has hitherto borne, having been transfered by the Government to the official paper, lately established here, this journal, which continues under the same management as bofore, will, until further, bear the title of St. Thomas times. Cf. Publisher statement.
- In English with frequent announcements in Danish and Spanish.
- Merged with: St. Thomas Lloyds, to form: St. Thomas herald.
- Publisher: William Murta, Oct. 1, 1873-Mar. 1, 1882; S. Moron, Mar. 4, 1882-May 6, 1882.
- sn 84037532
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information