Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Alton banner. (Alton, Ill.) 1866-1913
Alton, Ill. (1866-1913)
Alton banner. : (Alton, Ill.) 1866-1913
- Place of publication:
- Alton, Ill.
- Geographic coverage:
- Pfeiffer Bros.
- Dates of publication:
Began in May 1866; ceased in 1913?
- Alton (Ill.)--Newspapers.
- German Americans--Illinois--Newspapers.
- Description based on: 6. Jahrg., Nr. 39 (8. Feb. 1873).
- Editors: Pfeiffer Bros., 1866; John Mold, 1866-<1867>; V. Walter, <1868>; H. Meyer & Voss, 1869-1870.
- In German; some notices in English.
- Latest issue consulted: Aug. 12, 1876.
- sn 84038317
View complete holdings information