Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Alton weekly courier. (Alton, Ill.) 1852-1861
Alton, Ill. (1852-1861)
The Alton weekly courier. : (Alton, Ill.) 1852-1861
- Place of publication:
- Alton, Ill.
- Geographic coverage:
- Geo. T. Brown & Co.
- Dates of publication:
Ceased in 1861.
Vol. 1, no. 1 (June 4, 1852)-
- Alton (Ill.)--Newspapers.
- Illinois--Madison County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01209006
- Madison County (Ill.)--Newspapers.
- Available on microfilm;
- Daily eds.: Alton daily morning courier, 1852-1855, and: Alton daily courier, 1855-1861.
- Latest issue consulted: Vol. 7, no. 52 (June 2, 1859).
- Preservation microfilmed by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library as part of the United States Newspaper Program; the years 1854-1855 (on 1 microfilm reel) are available for purchase from OCLC Preservation Service Centers.
- sn 84038320
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information