Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1925 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Hokubei hōchi = The North American post. (Seattle, WA) 1946-current
Seattle, WA (1946-current)
Hokubei hōchi = The North American post. : (Seattle, WA) 1946-current
- Alternative Titles:
<Oct. 3, 1994>-May 17, 1995
North American post
<Sept. 18, 1946>-Oct. 20, 1995
- Place of publication:
- Seattle, WA
- Geographic coverage:
- North American Post, Inc.
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Wed., June 5, 1946)-
- Three times a week
Mar. 20, 1981-
- Japanese newspapers--Washington (State)--Seattle.
- Japanese newspapers.--fast--(OCoLC)fst00981873
- Seattle (Wash.)--Newspapers.
- Washington (State)--Seattle.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01204940
- Absorbed Northwest Nikkei with v. 9, no. 10 (May 2, 1997). Issues for May 2-7, 1997 have new English section with title: Northwest Nikkei; issues for May 16, 1997- have English section with title: North American post, Friday edition; weekly issues for <Dec. 23, 2000-> have English section with titles: Northwest Nikkei, and: North American post, Weekend ed.
- Issues for Jan.-May 26, 1947 include English section.
- Latest issue consulted: Dai 56-kan 18-gō (Heisei 13-nen 3-gatsu 3-nichi [Mar. 3, 2001]).
- Suspended Aug.-Sept. 1981.
- Vol. 51, no. 92 (Thursday, Aug. 8, 1996) combined with v. 8, no. 8 (Aug. 1996) of Northwest Nikkei as 50th anniversary issue of Hokubei hochi.
- Weekly English sections for June 6-27, 1997 incorrectly numbered v. 10, no. 15; v. 11, no. 16; v.12, no. 17, and v. 13, no. 18. Issue for July 3, 1997 resumes correct numbering with v. 10, no. 7.
- Weekly English sections for May 2, 1997- also continue numbering of Northwest Nikkei. Each vol. of Northwest Nikkei complete in 12 nos.
- sn 85000368
- Preceding Titles:
View complete holdings information