Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About American beacon and Virginia and North-Carolina gazette. (Norfolk [Va.]) 1823-1853
Norfolk [Va.] (1823-1853)
American beacon and Virginia and North-Carolina gazette. : (Norfolk [Va.]) 1823-1853
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Norfolk [Va.]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Shields & Ashburn
- Dates of publication:
Began in 1823; ceased in 1853.
- Three times a week
- Norfolk (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Available on microfilm from Bell & Howell, Micro Photo Div.
- Daily eds.: American commercial beacon and Norfolk & Portsmouth daily advertiser, 1823-1827; American beacon and Norfolk and Portsmouth daily advertiser (Norfolk, Va. : 1827), 1827-1851; American beacon (Norfolk, Va. : 1851), 1851-
- Description based on: Vol. 17, no. 12 (July 28, 1823).
- Publisher varies: Shields, Ashburn & Grigsby, <1835-1842>; William F. Cunningham & Co., <1842-1844>; William E. Cunningham & Co. <1846-1853>.
- sn 85025812
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information