Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Virginia gazette, or, Norfolk intelligencer. (Norfolk [Va.]) 1774-1775
Norfolk [Va.] (1774-1775)
Virginia gazette, or, Norfolk intelligencer. : (Norfolk [Va.]) 1774-1775
- Alternative Titles:
Virginia gazette, or, The Norfolk intelligencer
- Place of publication:
- Norfolk [Va.]
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- William Duncan and Co.
- Dates of publication:
Ceased in 1775.
No. 1 (June 9, 1774)-
- Norfolk (Va.)--Newspapers.
- "Do thou Great Liberty! Inspire our Souls--And make our Lives in THY Possession hapy. Or our Deaths Glorious in Thy Just Defense!"
- Available on microfilm from Micro Photo Div., Bell & Howell Co.; the Library of Congress; and from the Library of Virginia.
- Brigham, C.S. Amer. newspapers
- Issues for Nov. 3, 1774 and Jan. 12, 1775 include supplements.
- Issues for Sept. 1774-Sept. 1775 called: Virginia gazette, or, The Norfolk intelligencer.
- Last issue located: No. 68 (Sept. 20, 1775).
- May have been continued by: Virginia gazette (Norfolk, Va.) following the British occupation of Norfolk in 1775.
- Publishers: John H. Holt & Co., <June> 1775-
- sn 85025871
View complete holdings information