Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Roanoke times. (Salem, Va.) 1866-1875
Salem, Va. (1866-1875)
Roanoke times. : (Salem, Va.) 1866-1875
- Alternative Titles:
June 18-Oct. 8, 1870
- Place of publication:
- Salem, Va.
- Geographic coverage:
- Webber & Whitesell
- Dates of publication:
Ceased in Dec. 1875.
Vol. 1, no. 1 (June 8, 1866)-
- Roanoke County (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Salem (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Virginia--Roanoke County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01222306
- Also issued on microfilm from the University of Virginia.
- Published as: Salem ledger, June 18-Oct. 1870.
- Publisher varies: Chas. M. Weber, June 18, 1867-June 27, 1868 ; C.A. McCauley, W.E. Hubbert, June 27, 1868- ; John A. McCaull, <1875>.
- Suspended, Jan. 1875. Cf. Cappon, L.J. Va. newspapers.
- sn 85026932
View complete holdings information