Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Pittsburgh Saturday visiter. (Pittsburgh, Pa.) 1847-1851
Pittsburgh, Pa. (1847-1851)
Pittsburgh Saturday visiter. : (Pittsburgh, Pa.) 1847-1851
- Alternative Titles:
Pittsburg Saturday visiter
Pittsburgh Saturday visitor
- Place of publication:
- Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Jane G. Swisshelm
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Dec. 20, 1847)-v. 3, no. 52 (Jan. 11, 1851).
- Allegheny County (Pa.)--Newspapers.
- Pennsylvania--Allegheny County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01209250
- Pittsburgh (Pa.)--Newspapers.
- "A family newspaper devoted to literature, truth, general news, arts and sciences, history, biography, agriculture, mechanics, education, morality, amusement, etc."
- "Designed for the instruction and entertainment of the home circle, and the promotion of moral and social reform."
- "Pittsburgh" in logo device, <Aug. 11, 1849>.
- Issue for Sept. 2, 1848 has title: Pittsburg Saturday visiter.
- Publishers: Jane G. Swisshelm, Robert M. Riddle, <Aug. 11, 1849>; Jane G. & Wm. Swisshelm, Jan. 19, 1850-1851.
- sn 85038388
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information