Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Southport American. (Southport [i.e. Kenosha], Wis.) 1841-1849
Southport [i.e. Kenosha], Wis. (1841-1849)
Southport American. : (Southport [i.e. Kenosha], Wis.) 1841-1849
- Place of publication:
- Southport [i.e. Kenosha], Wis.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- J.B. Jillson & N.P. Dowst
- Dates of publication:
-v. 8, no. 52 (Oct. 11, 1849).
Began with Sept. 23, 1841 issue.
- Kenosha (Wis.)--Newspapers.
- "Whig in politics." Cf. Hansen, J.
- Available on microfilm from The State Historical Society of Wisconsin.
- Description based on: Sept. 30, 1841.
- Editor: J.B. Jillson & N.P. Dowst, <Sept. 30>-Dec. 16, 1841.--N.P. Dowst, Dec. 21, 1841-<June 16, 1842>.--L.P. Harvey, <June 29, 1843>-Sept. 13, 1845.--W. Mygatt, Sept. 25, 1847-Apr. 12, 1848.
- Publisher varies.
- sn 85040027
View complete holdings information