Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Winsted evening citizen. (Winsted, Conn.) 188?-1982
Winsted, Conn. (188?-1982)
Winsted evening citizen. : (Winsted, Conn.) 188?-1982
- Alternative Titles:
Citizen's Winsted herald and Litchfield County leader
<July 11, 1891>-Dec. 1898
- Place of publication:
- Winsted, Conn.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Dates of publication:
-v. 19, whole no. 9573 (Mar. 23, 1907) ; Mar. 25, 1907-v. 94, no. 288 (Dec. 10, 1982).
- Daily (except Sun. and holidays)
- Winchester (Conn. : Town)--Newspapers.
- Winsted (Conn.)--Newspapers.
- Absorbed: Daily herald (Winsted, Conn.), 1895, and: Winsted herald, 1950, and: Litchfield County leader, June 1950.
- Available on microfilm from New England Micrographics, Marlboro, Mass.
- Description based on: Vol. 2, [whole] no. 738 (Sept. 11, 1890).
- Issues for Mar. 25, 1907-Jan. 18, 1921 lack numbering.
- Published as: Winsted citizen, Dec. 4, 1982.
- Publisher, <July 11, 1891->: Citizen Printing Co.
- Section [two] of Tues. issues called: Citizen's Winsted herald and Litchfield County leader, June 20-Sept. 26, 1950. Tuesday issues called: Leader & herald ed., Oct. 3, 1950-Aug. 16, 1955.
- Suspended with Aug. 18, 1955 issue due to flood. Resumed with "Flood special" issues, Aug. 25-Sept. 9, 1955 and normal publication with Sept. 12, 1955.
- Suspended with July 8, 1975 issue due to strike. Resumed with Sept. 15, 1975 issue.
- The Norfork daily prune was partially reprinted as a special supplement to the Sept. 16, 1922 issue of the Winsted evening citizen.
- Weekly eds.: Litchfield County leader, 188 -1950, and: Winsted herald, Apr. 5, 1894-1950.
- sn 85040596
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information