Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1943 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Indiana palladium. [volume] (Vevay, Indiana) 1843-1848
Vevay, Indiana (1843-1848)
The Indiana palladium. [volume] : (Vevay, Indiana) 1843-1848
- Place of publication:
- Vevay, Indiana
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Dates of publication:
Ceased in 1848.
Vol. 1, no. 1 (March 11, 1843)-
- Switzerland County (Ind.)--Newspapers.
- Vevay (Ind.)--Newspapers.
- Latest issue consulted: Vol. V, no. 52 (April 22, 1848); U.S. Newspaper Archive (viewed Aug. 3, 2017).
- Publishers: Mar. 1843-Mar. 1844, Stevens and Simmons; Mar. 1844-1848, Isaac Stevens, Jr.
- Started as a Democratic paper; became Independent in 1845 in an attempt to attract new readers. When after a few months the experiment failed, the paper once again became Democratic Cf. Miller, John W. Indiana newspaper bibliog.
- Subtitle: "The diffusion of information and arraignment of all abuses at the bar of public reason."
- Title from masthead.
- sn 85047727
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Links:
View complete holdings information