Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Benton County times. (Vinton, Iowa) 1886-1914
Vinton, Iowa (1886-1914)
Benton County times. : (Vinton, Iowa) 1886-1914
- Place of publication:
- Vinton, Iowa
- Geographic coverage:
- Allen & Griffen
- Dates of publication:
-v. 30, no. 21 (Sept. 22, 1914).
Began in 1886.
Sept. 29, 1911-Sept. 22, 1914
- "The Times is published for money and the advancement of the Democratic party. For money, for without money we are unable to publish a paper. For Democracy, because we are firm in the belief the principles of that party are right."
- Description based on: Vol. 3, no. 2 (June 7, 1888).
- Imprint varies: Van Horne, Iowa, 1883-May 1886; Vinton, Iowa, June 1886-Sept. 22, 1914. Cf. bibliography of Iowa newspapers.
- Numbering irregular: Vol. 24, no. 25 (Oct. 28, 1909) followed by v. 25, no. 26 (Nov. 4, 1909).
- Supplements accompany some issues.
- sn 85049798
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information