Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The people's press. (Mapleton, Iowa) 1878-1895
Mapleton, Iowa (1878-1895)
The people's press. : (Mapleton, Iowa) 1878-1895
- Alternative Titles:
Press & standard
Press and standard
- Place of publication:
- Mapleton, Iowa
- Geographic coverage:
- Q.A. Wooster
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 8, no. 23 (Aug. 1, 1878)-v. 25, no. 52 (Dec. 26, 1895).
- "The greatest good to the greatest number."
- Includes occasional supplements.
- Issues for Aug. 14, 1879-<Dec. 29, 1881> called also whole no. 441-<563>.
- Mapleton, Iowa, formerly called also East Mapleton, Iowa.
- Original editor: Q.A. Wooster.
- Publisher varies.
- sn 85049871
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information