Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1925 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Central journal. (Lafayette [Albion] Iowa) 1855-1857
Lafayette [Albion] Iowa (1855-1857)
The Central journal. : (Lafayette [Albion] Iowa) 1855-1857
- Alternative Titles:
Iowa central journal
- Place of publication:
- Lafayette [Albion] Iowa
- Geographic coverage:
- Dates of publication:
Began in Nov. 1855; ceased in May 1857.
- "A paper for the times--independent in all things, neutral in nothing."
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 50 (Dec. 31, 1856).
- Editors: Thomas J. Wilson, <Nov. 1855>; Edwin C. Chapin, Dec. 31, 1856-Apr. 22, 1857.
- Lafayette, Iowa, now called Albion, Iowa.
- Publishers: Tripp, <Nov. 1855>; Chapin & Barnhart, Jan. 21-<Apr. 22>, 1857.
- sn 85050916
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information