Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Somerset Democrat. (Somerset, Pa.) 1854-1887
Somerset, Pa. (1854-1887)
The Somerset Democrat. : (Somerset, Pa.) 1854-1887
- Place of publication:
- Somerset, Pa.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- C.F. Mitchell
- Dates of publication:
Began in Mar. 1854?
Ceased in 1887?
- Somerset (Pa.)--Newspapers.
- "Democratic," <1876>.
- Description based on: Vol. 7, no. 5 (June 27, 1860).
- Editors: Alex H. Coffroth, <1876>; Jack K. Coffroth, <1876>.
- Issue for Aug. 19, 1868 called also whole no. 738.
- Published every Wednesday morning.
- Publishers: Chauncey F. Mitchell, July 4, 1853-Jan. 1, 1861; Henry G. and George F. Baer, Jan. 1861-1863; Valentine Hay, 1863-1867; John J. Hoffman, 1867-1875; A.H. Coffroth Jr. and J.K. Coffroth, 1875-1880; A.H. Coffroth, 1880-<1887>. Cf. Blackburn, E.H. Bedford and Somerset Counties.
- sn 85054938
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information