Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1943 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Practical observer. (Valparaiso, Porter County, Ind.) 1852-1857
Valparaiso, Porter County, Ind. (1852-1857)
Practical observer. : (Valparaiso, Porter County, Ind.) 1852-1857
- Alternative Titles:
Daily, semi-weekly, and weekly practical observer
Weekly and semi-weekly practical observer
- Place of publication:
- Valparaiso, Porter County, Ind.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- William C. Talcott
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 3, no. 34 (Mar. 22, 1852)-v. 5, no. 14 (Apr. 7, 1857).
- Indiana--Porter County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01215718
- Porter County (Ind.)--Newspapers.
- Valparaiso (Ind.)--Newspapers.
- Began "New Series" numbering in Jan. 1853 when the new editions were started.
- Began as a Democratic party paper; became an advocate of the People's (Republican)--party in the mid-1850's. Cf. Miller.
- For short periods of time when new frequencies were initiated the masthead included a statement of the frequencies.
- Published also: Jan. 1853-Jan. 1856 in a twice-weekly edition as well as Sept. 1853-Jan. 1856 in a daily edition; beginning in Jan. 1856 the daily was dropped and the twice-weekly edition changed to a tri-weekly. Cf. Miller, John W. Indiana newspaper bibliog.
- sn 86058523
- Preceding Titles:
View complete holdings information