Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Dial of progress. (Mt. Pleasant, Iowa) 1896-1909
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa (1896-1909)
The Dial of progress. : (Mt. Pleasant, Iowa) 1896-1909
- Place of publication:
- Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
- Geographic coverage:
- Champion Pub. Co.
- Dates of publication:
Ceased in 1909?
Vol. 7, no. 1 (Jan. 2, 1896)-
- Des Moines (Iowa)--Newspapers.
- Iowa--Des Moines.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01205836
- "Speak unto the people that they go forward. Constitutional prohibition, political equality, white cross, child saving, prison reform, our schools and our homes," Jan. 2, 1896-Jan. 28, 1897; "The saloon must go," Jan. 1, 1903-July 1908.
- Frequent issues misnumbered and misdated.
- Issues for the week of Christmas not published.
- Official organ of the Anti-Saloon League of Iowa.
- Original editors: W.R. Cole and C.T. Cole.
- Published in Des Moines, Iowa, Feb. 4-Sept. 2, 1897; Mar. 3, 1904-1909.
- Publisher varies.
- Temperance newspapers.
- sn 86061028
- Preceding Titles:
View complete holdings information