Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Weekly union and American. (Nashville, Tenn.) 1853-1866
Nashville, Tenn. (1853-1866)
The Weekly union and American. : (Nashville, Tenn.) 1853-1866
- Alternative Titles:
Nashville union & American
Union and American
Weekly union & American
- Place of publication:
- Nashville, Tenn.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- John L. Marling & Co.
- Dates of publication:
Began in 1853; ceased in 1866.
- Davidson County (Tenn.)--Newspapers.
- Nashville (Tenn.)--Newspapers.
- Tennessee--Davidson County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01205346
- Description based on: Vol. 24, no. 50 (Apr. 27, 1854).
- Editors: John L. Marling, Elbridge G. Eastman, G.C. Torbett, M.C.C. Church, <1854>.
- Formed by the union of: Nashville union (Nashville, Tenn. : 1849 : Weekly), and: Nashville American (Nashville, Tenn. : 1848 : Weekly).
- Merged with weekly edition of Nashville dispatch: (title unknown), to form: Weekly union and dispatch.
- Publishers: John L. Marling & Co., <1854>; G.C. Torbett & Co., 1855-<1857>; E.G. Eastman & Co., <1859>; J.O. Griffith & Co., <1860-1861>; F.C. Dunnington & Co., <1866>.
- Suspended: Feb. 1862- <Dec.> 1865.
- sn 86071274
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information