Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1924 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About American beacon and Norfolk and Portsmouth daily advertiser. (Norfolk, Va.) 1827-1851
Norfolk, Va. (1827-1851)
American beacon and Norfolk and Portsmouth daily advertiser. : (Norfolk, Va.) 1827-1851
- Alternative Titles:
- Place of publication:
- Norfolk, Va.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- Shields & Ashburn
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 25, no. 1 (July 2, 1827)-v. 51, no. 282 (Nov. 3, 1851).
- Daily (except Sunday)
- Norfolk (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Also issued on microfilm form Bell & Howell, Micro Photo Div.
- Published triweekly from Aug. 9, 1832-Sept. 13, 1832.
- Publisher varies: Shields, Ashburn and Grigsby, 1834-1837; Hugh B. Grigsby, 1838-1840; W.E. Cunningham and Co., 1840-1851.
- Triweekly ed.: American beacon and Virginia and North-Carolina gazette.
- sn 86071774
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information