Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Williamsburg weekly gazette. (Williamsburg, Va.) 1856-1858
Williamsburg, Va. (1856-1858)
Williamsburg weekly gazette. : (Williamsburg, Va.) 1856-1858
- Alternative Titles:
Weekly Williamsburg gazette
Williamsburg Virginia gazette
Williamsburg weekly gazette, and Richmond and Norfolk Mercantile advertiser
Williamsburg weekly gazette, and Richmond, Norfolk, Petersburg and Baltimore advertiser
- Place of publication:
- Williamsburg, Va.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- J. Hervey Ewing
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 3, no. 24 (Apr. 17, 1856)-v. 5, no. 39 (Aug. 11, 1858).
- Baltimore (Md.)--Newspapers.
- Norfolk (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Petersburg (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Richmond (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Williamsburg (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Available on microfilm from the Library of Virginia.
- Cappon suggests H. Ewing relocated to Norfolk to begin a new paper. The Weekly Gazette and eastern Virginia advertiser was continued in 1859 by E.H. Lively.
- Issues for Feb. 19-26, 1857 numbered v. 4, no. 26-27, but constitute v. 4, no. 16-17.
- Publisher varies: Ewing & Lively, Jan. 6, 1858-
- sn 86071983
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information