Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Weekly gazette and Eastern Virginia advertiser. (Williamsburg, Va.) 1859-1860
Williamsburg, Va. (1859-1860)
Weekly gazette and Eastern Virginia advertiser. : (Williamsburg, Va.) 1859-1860
- Alternative Titles:
Weekly Va. gazette
Weekly Virginia gazette
- Place of publication:
- Williamsburg, Va.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- E.H Lively
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 6, no. 1 (Mar. 2, 1859)-v. 7, no. 34 (Oct. 24, 1860).
- Williamsburg (Va.)--Newspapers.
- Available on microfilm from the Library of Virginia.
- Ceased Oct. 24, 1860, due to the War. The Cavalier was printed on it's press by Union troops, June 25, 1862-<Apr. 11, 1864>. Reestablished Oct. 4, 1865, as the Weekly review. Cf. Cappon, Va. newspapers.
- Dec. 28, 1859 issue misdated Dec. 21, 1859.
- Publisher varies: E.H. Lively, <Mar. 2-July 6, 1859>; R.A. Lively, <July 13, 1859-Nov. 24, 1860>; Jas. T.H. Wilkins (Asst. Publisher), <Aug. 22-Oct. 17, 1860>
- Volume and issue numbers not printed on title page.
- sn 86071984
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information