Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Portsmouth tribune. (Portsmouth, Ohio) 1839-1848
Portsmouth, Ohio (1839-1848)
Portsmouth tribune. : (Portsmouth, Ohio) 1839-1848
- Place of publication:
- Portsmouth, Ohio
- Geographic coverage:
- E. Hamilton
- Dates of publication:
Began in 1839; ceased with Mar. 16, 1848 issue?
- "A simple government honestly administered and universal education can alone secure the largest liberty."
- Description based on: Vol. 3, no. 1 (Jan. 11, 1839).
- Editor: Edward Hamilton, <1839-1840>.
- None published between Jan. 25 and Feb. 15, 1839.
- Printers: William P. Camden, <1839-1840>; Silmon Clark, <1840>.
- Publishers: E. Hamilton, 1839-Jan. 24, 1840; Hamilton & Clark, Jan. 31, 1840-
- Vol. 4, no. 34 (Sept. 16, 1840) issued on Wednesday.
- Whig. Cf. Gutgesell, S. Guide to Ohio newspapers.
- sn 86079030
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information