Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1789-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Portsmouth times. (Portsmouth, Ohio) 1861-1915
Portsmouth, Ohio (1861-1915)
The Portsmouth times. : (Portsmouth, Ohio) 1861-1915
- Place of publication:
- Portsmouth, Ohio
- Geographic coverage:
- Newman & Bro.
- Dates of publication:
Vol. 1, no. 1 (Nov. 23, 1861)-v. 53, no. 26 (Jan. 2, 1915).
- Portsmouth (Ohio)--Newspapers.
- "Choose ever that which has the fewest faults, and those the least dangerous."
- "Published every Saturday morning."
- Appears concurrently with: Valley sentinel (Portsmouth, Ohio), 1896-1915.
- Daily eds.: Daily times (Portsmouth, Ohio : 1894), 1894-1903; Portsmouth times (Portsmouth, Ohio : 1903), 1903-1905; Portsmouth daily times (Portsmouth, Ohio : 1905), 1905-1915.
- Editor: Jas. W. Newman, 1863-1891.
- sn 86079031
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
View complete holdings information