Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About Lewistown Republican and working men's advocate. (Lewistown, Pa.) 1832-1839
Lewistown, Pa. (1832-1839)
Lewistown Republican and working men's advocate. : (Lewistown, Pa.) 1832-1839
- Alternative Titles:
Lewistown Republican & working men's advocate
- Place of publication:
- Lewistown, Pa.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- J.W. Shugert & S. Cummings
- Dates of publication:
Began with Aug. 11, 1832 issue.
Ceased in 1839.
- Lewistown (Mifflin County, Pa.)--Newspapers.
- Mifflin County (Pa.)--Newspapers.
- Pennsylvania--Lewistown (Mifflin County)--fast--(OCoLC)fst01775214
- Pennsylvania--Mifflin County.--fast--(OCoLC)fst01209229
- "Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."
- Description based on: Vol. 1, no. 9 (Sept. 29, 1832).
- Editors: John W. Shugert, 1832-1836; Stephen Cummings, 1832-1833.
- Issues for Aug. 29, 1838 also called new ser., vol. 1, no. 1.
- Publishers: John W. Shugert & Stephen Cummings, 1832-1833; John W. Shugert, 1833-1836; C.C. Hemphill, 1836-1838; James A. Cunningham, 1838-1839.
- sn 86081299
- Succeeding Titles:
View complete holdings information