Search America's historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. Chronicling America is sponsored jointly by the National Endowment for the Humanities external link and the Library of Congress. Learn more
About The Cairo daily bulletin. (Cairo, Ill.) 1870-1872
Cairo, Ill. (1870-1872)
The Cairo daily bulletin. : (Cairo, Ill.) 1870-1872
- Alternative Titles:
Aug. 4-Nov. 10, 1872
<Mar. 29, 1870>-June 11, 1871
- Place of publication:
- Cairo, Ill.
- Geographic coverage:
| View more titles from this:
- John H. Oberly & Co.
- Dates of publication:
-Nov. 14, 1872.
Began in Mar. 1870.
- Daily (except Monday)
Jan. 3, 1871-Nov. 14, 1872
- Alexander County (Ill.)--Newspapers.
- Cairo (Ill.)--Newspapers.
- "Daily" is above masthead ornament.
- "Devoted to politics, news and literature."
- "Only daily paper in Egypt," Apr. 7, 1870-June 11, 1871.
- "The only daily paper in Southern Illinois," <Mar. 29, 1870>-Apr. 6, 1870.
- Archived issues are available in digital format as part of the Library of Congress Chronicling America online collection.
- Description based on: Mar. 29, 1870.
- June 13, 1872 issue called also "Daily edition."
- June 20, 1871 issue erroneously called "Weekly edition."
- No vol., page, or issue numbering.
- Supplements accompany issues Sept. 20 1872 and Oct. 20, 1872.
- Weekly eds.: Cairo weekly bulletin, 1870-<1871>, and: Cairo bulletin (Cairo, Ill. : Weekly), <1872>
- sn 88074142
- Preceding Titles:
- Succeeding Titles:
- Related Titles:
- Related Links:
View complete holdings information