DEVOTED TO POUTICS, NEWS AND LITERATURE.
- . . . . -'
i BY JOHN II . OBERLY & CO.
CAIRO, ILLINOIS. MAY 14, 1870.
ONLY DAILY PAPER IN EGYPT.
chand nmm i m
1 .msfli WKiu v f hm Wyi -nil J . '
; , 'i . i !.
j . i ......... i i
ON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22, 1870,
Upon which Occasion
WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AS PREMIUMS.
Best hhd bright wrapper, not less than 500 lbs nett.
2(1 best hhd bright wrapper, not less than " lbs nett,
3d best hhd bright wrapper, not less than lbs nett.
Best hhd shipping-leaf, not less than 1,200 lbs nett, - d tj
2d best hhd shipping leal', not less than " " ' -,
3d best hhd shipping leaf, not less than "
Best hhd black wrapper, not less than 1,000 lbs nett,
2d do do do do do
To the owner of the best five hhds Leaf Tobacco of its class,
do do 2d " do do do
do do 2d do do do
. ' -
' 2ft "
FIFTH CLASS. , '
To the party who will have shippod and sold on this market, this season,, J. (
the greatest number of hhds of Tobacco, - - - $50 Gold
To the lady in whose name the best hhd of leaf tobacco, without regard
to classification, -
To the Planter who exhibits the neatest prized hhd,
EIGHTH CLASS. Special for Illinois.
Best hhd.Shipping Leaf, not less than 1200 lbs nett, , -2d
" do do do .do do " -
3d " do do do do do
XTNTH CLASS. Special for Illinois.
do 2(1' do do
do 3d do do
THE FOILOWIM RBLES HI HATMS WILL h MMM.
1. To prevent excessive offerings of interior Tobacco an entrance fee of three dollars per hhd or tub will be
2. Each hhd must be marked on each end distinctly with the owner's name and the class iu which to bo on-
3. Tobacco should bo shipped if possible to arrive here boforo tho 15th of Juue. No Tobacco will bo en
tered for exhibition unless received on or before the 20th of Juuo.
4. In Class Five tho premium will bo awarded September 1st next. "
A. Class Eight and Nine will, be open for Illinois only.
0. Classes First, Second, Third, Sixth and Seventh, will be opou to Plauterslonly.
7. Each set of hogsheads computing for. premiums in Fdiirth And Ninth" Classes,
. I .1 I li. I . '
I 1 .
DO . -' . ill
1PS r, V. .-. .1 . U.flA IT))! .
. . ' 'iiutrtlftiii
must belong,,to one person
i . , .. .1
b. iO uogsiiead can taKO more man one premium .-m"- uk- .
9. No hogahewl that ha-s. taken a premium at any other. Fair can bo entered for a premium'iii this.1" None
but the growth of 1809 admitted. Each package, competing for, ,thp, prizes must, bo raised and owned
by the person entering it. ... . 7 " Tj.
For fui ther information address ,. .,' 1 V.
.ill i 1 t 'u.i; .
iU flii i. f
- -' "- 1 Ar mm 4 '.
i nl'ttyn ,m ta 1..
' ml... v
I.. k 'I'- 4 . . na,v !
G. C. DAVIDSON,
Ballard Tobaeco WeKauW,
.wllfc;..,. 1.- .r.i i...
. li: . i ;tiU -1 ibi't a ii i.l , ... i . . . - ',- 1 -a . ; . ,a 1 1.
t n ovtAffOTn lift ill onir
xml | txt